How can you tell when a private label brand is coming of age? It starts to sponsor events. Flipping through the New York Times yesterday, I noticed that President’s Choice is sponsoring Luminato, Toronto’s Arts and Creativity Festival that opens June 13th of this year.
In hopes of elevating the brand’s status among shoppers and chefs, PC will host a 1000 Tastes of Toronto event to coincide with Luminato.
Here's the deal:
- Top chefs use the PC ingredients innovatively
- People "sample" the gourmet street food for $5 per serving
- Chefs get to promote their dining establishments
- Visitors get a festive carnival of cuisine
- PC reinforces its claim to "premium" brand status, subverting its rep as a dowdy store brand.
Thanks to Greg George for the photo.